Wednesday 9 February 2011

Breakfast in Camden Town, NY

Last week I was in New York City. How to top that? Inspiration hit me and today I headed down to Camden Town for that sky-scraping, big-city, bright-lights buzz. The glamour and spaciousness of Camden Town tube station recalls Grand Central; wandering down Camden High Street I feel the glitz of  Fifth Avenue; and the Pret A Manger appears to be the sort of place in which to experience that Katz's Deli "I'll have what she's having" moment.

Breakfast this morning was provided by Caffè Nero. Their logo famously reads 'Nerd', making this my sort of place. A Starbucks branch is right opposite. Did you know Nerd differentiate themselves from the ubiquitous Starbucks by attempting to create a local atmosphere for each shop, for instance encouraging the manager to choose their own music? Unfortunately I failed to recognise the music this branch manager had selected as typifying Camden style.

To remind myself I'm in the New York of North London, I decided on an Americano, which I enjoyed in the company of Dan in the bustling 'Darwins'.

No comments:

Post a Comment